A SOUTH DUBLIN family were pulled free from their home, after the house caught fire late on Tuesday night.
Gardaí and the Dublin Fire Brigade were called to the house at Ballyogan Crescent in Carrickmines on Tuesday evening.
A garda spokesperson told TheJournal.ie that they were called to the scene shortly before midnight on Tuesday night, into Wednesday morning.
They said: “The house was occupied at the time, but the family of five were removed and avoided serious injury.
“One male adult was brought to hospital with minor injuries,” they added.
The scene was preserved for technical examination but, at this stage, the incident does “not appear to be suspicious”.
A spokesperson for Dublin Fire Brigade confirmed to TheJournal.ie that everybody was out of the house by the time they arrived on the scene, and added that the fire crew managed to get the fire under control.
“We’re not yet sure of the full extent of the damage,” the spokesperson added.
The Dublin Fire Brigade has been using its Twitter account to issue warnings about fire safety around Christmas time.
Their advice has included opting for LED lights over incandescent bulbs, not overloading plug sockets and checking the wiring on Christmas tree lights are not worn or frayed.
The town of Carrickmines was the scene for one of the worst fire incidents in Irish history, when five adults and five children – including an unborn baby – died after a fire broke out at a halting site in the area in October 2015.
The tragic event shocked the country with thousands of people sending condolences, making donations and attending candlelit vigils.